Monday, December 17, 2007

shootdowntown1 photo meetup

Well Saturday we met up with some of the photo blogging community as BlogDowntown's Eric hosted the first bloggers photo meet up.. Several folks SeanYoda & I had met previously or recognized without having met (smile), and many new faces! Most of the folks had some serious equipment, and some were definitely professionals, and some like myself. However, I'm still learning to use my point & shoot.. but I took about 200 pix and not being very good at narrowing things down ended up editing & uploading some 100 of them. SeanYoda has over 300 he shot with his video camera, however it will be a few more days before he gets around to looking at the ones he has to edit and upload.

Life keeps you busy. Then you forget things. I still have all those Food & Wine photos at WDW (October) and last night's Christmas dinner party to take a look at and upload to my personal journal.

Anyway, above linked is the photo set I've been uploading off & on the last day. I'm done. ;P I think there are so many talented folks out there and while I *think* I know what I want when looking at stuff it doesn't come out anywhere near as keen as what I've seen so far of other folks efforts.

One last note.. it seems like I tend to take pix of angles and surfaces. I also LOVE old faded adverts but it seems others found some more amazing ones than could catch my eye.. Just fantastic really all the stuff everyone did.

Still it was a good time. Hopefully this *will* become a regular thing quarterly or something.. and perhaps I'll get to attend another event. =)

No comments: